- is reliability critical your operations ?
- Do you have a current program for 25 or more pieces of equipment?
- Are you using a third party lab for 50 or more samples per month?
Petrolabs can offer onsite lab at offsite costs.
2 Result Proven Options Your Choice
We configure the laboratory and manage on BOO or BOT basis.
Build-Operate-Transfer (BOT) basis.
- Assets and operations to be owned/managed by Petrolabs
- Testing/Results/Interpretation all on-site by Petrolabs Certified Analysts
- Rapid sample turnaround time
- In-house knowledge of machinery
- Test selection and interpretation
- Rapid quality control of lube oil purchases
- Lube audits and consolidation
- Extend equipment life and drain intervals
- Comply with OEM standards
- Aids in warranty claims
- Approx. space of 10 X 10 needed (customer scope)
- Infrastructure, Utilities (customer scope)
Issues and limitations of using off site lab
- Turn around time can be days to weeks - Info not delivered when it is needed for the maintenance staff
- Findings are not always accurate - Analyst not close to the asset or limited understanding of asset
- Integrity of the laboratory and results – vendors are selected on price basis
- Sampling or resampling is a big issue - Most common recommendation included re-sample
- Data not accessible by management - Hard copies report in case and lack of trending
Challenges in setting an on-site lab include
- High initial Investment
- Special skill sets for people
- Logistics : chemicals, storage, waste management etc
- Isolated reports
- Warranty and Maintenance service
Assets and operations to be owned/managed by Petrolabs
Testing/Results/Interpretation all on-site by Petrolabs Certified Analysts
Rapid sample turnaround time
In-house knowledge of machinery
Test selection and interpretation
Rapid quality control of lube oil purchases
Lube audits and consolidation
Extend equipment life and drain intervals
Comply with OEM standards
Aids in warranty claims
Approx. space of 10 X 10 needed (customer scope)